Wednesday, January 23, 2013

who threw an Angry Bird at my face.

Yes, you read that right... he threw an Angry Bird at my face. Luckily, it was a plush Angry Bird, but an Angry Bird nonetheless.


So I met this guy through mutual friends on a group bowling outing. He was fun, cute, good sense of humor... became friends on FB... chatted daily... he drove up from San Diego to visit me in LA.
We planned to have lunch, it was a mid-week date so I was at work, and then I would go back to work and we'd meet up for dinner when I got out. Lunch was great, great conversation, everything was going really well. After work we decided to go to CityWalk and have dinner and just hang out there.
Dinner was good, we talked, he was funny... things were going really well. After dinner we walked around and I told him that we'd need to go to the candy store so I could buy some mints that I love. We get to the candy store and everything is still great... like really great. Then... we came across an Angry Bird display...
me: "You know, I never will understand why these things are so popular?"
him: "have you played the game?"
me: "yeah I played it, but just never found it to be that addicting and just didn't really like it"
him: "you're joking right? these are probably the greatest things ever"
me: "yeah i just don't get..."
   BAM!
   Angry Bird to the face!

Yes, before I could even finish speaking, an Angry Bird was thrown at my face. Not only was it thrown at my face, but it HIT me on my face! And although they may be 'plush' those things still hurt when they hit your face at a force that may have unnecessary considering I was standing not more than 3 feet away from the guy who threw it at me.
me: "did you just throw that at my face?"
him: *Laughing HYSTERICALLY*
me: "really?"
him: "you deserved it for not liking Angry Birds" *Laughing*

I went on a couple more dates with this guy. I know, I know, this should have been a sign! But, when you're a single girl in her late 20's, you make exceptions and excuses for guys that you later regret. But how else is a girl to learn, right? sigh...

2 comments:

  1. What a loser! You're way too good for that jokester. LOL! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete