Tuesday, January 22, 2013

who called at the last minute to 'hang out'...

Wait... isn't this almost every guy??

Saturday night, a potential interest calls me up after 7pm to ask me if I wanted to get together that night for drinks. 
Ummm... I have already made my plans for the night by 7pm. Even if all I'm going to do is stay at home and watch a movie solo, I've made my mind up about and have probably already picked out a movie by 7pm.
Luckily, I didn't have to tell him that I was already comfy at home with my pups and about to pop in the latest Zac Efron flick; instead, I was able to tell him that I already had plans for the night and I was on the road with my girlfriends to go see a burlesque show in a city an hour away. Most people would think it was crazy to drive an hour to a kinda shady city to see a burlesque show... but for me, it is completely normal. And, it was The Addams Family vs. The Munsters themed show! HOW COULD I MISS IT?!
His reaction: "you're going all the way there for a show?! wow. well, be safe out there. maybe we can meet up this week or next. have a good night."
Yeah, maybe we can meet up on another day... if he doesn't call me after 7.

Why don't guys like to plan ahead?
Would this had even been a date, or just 'hanging out'?
'Dating' has me so confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment